Re: [orca-list] beeps on boot - was Re: Booting Ubuntu intoOrca involves too muchcomplicatedkey-sequence (F5, Down, Down, Down, Enter)

Michael wrote:
why are you using a live CD in a virtual machine? I would have
thought it might have made more sense to have a VM image containing an
installed version of ubuntu (which you could then always have a backup
of and then never need to reinstall from CD as you could just load the
clean install image again).

I was trying to create such an image from the LiveCD. I figured I could load
up the LiveCD (from an .iso file on my hard drive), do an install onto the
virtual machine's hard drive, then save the resultant VM image.  I know
there are pre-built images, but the ones I've seen seem to be stripped down
Ubuntu versions primarily for serfing - just basic linux and Firefox.
Probably won't have orca and all necessary accessibility in place.  I
figured building my own would work better in the lond run.

I've never done this before, so if someone could suggest a method for
building a windows-based VM with an accessible Ubuntu in it (or suggest
where to download such a beast),  let me know.

Thanx in advance...
-- Rich