Re: [orca-list] Booting Ubuntu into Orca involves too muchcomplicatedkey-sequence (F5, Down, Down, Down, Enter)

Darragh I have to say I have a similar oppinion. For the average user,
how many times do you need to go through the boot process from CD? Yes I
accept there may be those who for what ever reason may use live CDs on a
regular basis, but I guess you are only a small fraction of users,
whereas needing a suitable audio output system (if I am going to follow
Darragh's example) is needed by most users.

To move screen reader to the top of the list is probably very simple and
would be solved quickly, but do you really need this? IE. Darragh says
you can press 3 instead of down cursor three times (I don't know if this
is true), or does the selection stop at the top and bottom of the list
or does it wrap to the other end, if the former then should you loose
count (counting to three) then you can press the up cursor many times
(more than really needed) and then start again. The beeps at the time
when the boot manager is ready, I think might be more use, but might be
a greater distraction to the developers whose time might be better spent
on other issues. As a side note, I think it was done in the jupiter
system, which uses lilo as the boot system, but the documentation says
the following "The computer should beep twice, although this does not
work on every machine." so shows that even an attempt to do this isn't
perfect.

I also don't want you to see this as don't make these comments, but just
consider where accessibility is and to consider what priority such a
feature might be at the time.

From
Michael Whapples