Re: [orca-list] keys in conflict with XUL application keys

"JD" == Joanmarie Diggs <joanmarie diggs gmail com> writes:

    JD> Regardless, when a user presses Orca+Z or Orca+F12, they expect
    JD> to toggle the setting to the opposite of what they chose.  If we
    JD> go in and toggle things on their behalf without telling them,
    JD> and then they toggle a setting, they will find that they're
    JD> putting things back to what they expected them to be in the
    JD> first place.

Yes, this is a good point.  Unfortunately users can similarly wonder why
a XUL application doesn't work.  I've got no idea what to do about it,
well, so:

    JD> Let's see what others have to say and go from there.

As for switching:

    >> allow switching the structural navigation and caret handling
    >> modes not only globally, but also for a particular window or so?

    JD> I think this would (could) be part of the per-URL script
    JD> implementation.  There could be per-URL preferences.

If Orca provided a function "Remember and save current configuration for
the currently displayed URL (or URL match)" it could work well.

    JD> I'm not sure about per-window-within-a-URL

I think this is not important (now).

Regards,

Milan Zamazal