Re: [orca-list] systemrequirements for orca?

Hi All:

I'm out of the office this week, so my responsiveness will be way down. But, I'd like to address some of the questions Halim has posed.

When I open /usr/bin in nautilus (1367 items on my machine), it takes about 15 seconds for anything to appear in the window, regardless of whether Orca is running or not. So, part of the performance problem has to do with nautilus itself.

Having said that, there is currently sluggishness that happens in Orca as the result of the bursty nature of AT-SPI events when new windows are created or old windows are destroyed. The thing we end up running into in these situations is a whole lot of traffic for new children being added or removed from the hierarchy. We're looking into ways to prevent this traffic from happening, and we're also analyzing performance overall as a goal for GNOME 2.22.

Hope this helps,

Will

Halim Sahin wrote:
Hello,