Re: [orca-list] systemrequirements for orca?

Hi Luke,
On Mo, Nov 19, 2007 at 06:41:27 +1100, Luke Yelavich wrote:

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 04:34:28AM EST, Halim Sahin wrote:
Hi,

What are the recommendations to run orca in an usable speed
(CPU, RAM)?

The lowest spec system I've run Orca on is a celeron 1Ghz with 256MB of RAM, and it ran quite nicely. I
don't know
how much lower specs would be comfortable though.

I am running orca on a machine with 2 GB ram and with a Pentium 4 with 2400
MHz.

My Problem is, that orca does not respond very fast in some cases.
I tried debian sid, ubutntu gutsy/gento.
Undr Gento there is a gnome 2.18 running.
Debian/ubuntu are using gnome 2.20.
The gnome 2.18 works a bit faster than the other but
in my opinion they are too slow for real work.
I don't know if these problems are orca related but they are in my
opinion critical ones.

I will give you some examples:
1. Nautilus:
It takes sometimes 30 Sek to get a browseable file window if opening a
folder with a few hundret files in it.

2. closing a window with alt+f4 takes some times more than 3 or 4 sec.
At this time orca isn't able to do something else in other opened windows.

3. when you press alt+f2 it takes about 2/3 sec to get feedback from
orca and navigating in this dialog is a bit slow.

4. opening the preferences menu in evolution takes on my machine CA. 7
Sec.

My Questions:

are this  problems accessibility related or are the mentioned apps
in general slow.

Do I need a faster Machine?
How are the other orca users deal with this stuff?
What can be the problem here?
Regards
Halim