Re: [orca-list] systemrequirements for orca?

Hi,
I found that the behavior of Orca under Ubuntu seems sometimes
unpredictable:
Actually I use Gutsy on a 2,6 Ghz laptop with 512 MB RAM and about 900
MB swap, and I face no real sluggisness. Some processes start a bit
slower, but nothing worth to worry about.
In last spring I used Feisty on my desktop 1 Ghz 256 MB RAM (shared) and
2 GB of swap. The performance was a true catastrophy. Everything was
sluggish and the swap got filled up to nearly 1 GB.
Since people who use a similar machine as my desktop, have reported no
major problems and people who use a much better machine than my laptop
complain sluggisness, I don't know what's going on with Orca and
Ubuntu/DEbian.
In an Ubuntu forum I read about problems with NVIDIA graphic cards, and
maybe there are issues with other hardware components.
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)