Re: [orca-list] problems booting into linux from an external hard drive

Try hitting the down arrow key once and hitting return immediately afterwards just once at different points in the boot sequence but shortly When booting the computer don't have the live CD in the drive. But do hold down the left shift key for a few seconds after the post test beep and then release it and hit the down arrow key once then hit the return key once and see if that gets you logging into ubuntu.