Re: [orca-list] some more issues with orca and speech-dispatcher.

On 17/05/07, hermann <steppenwolf2 onlinehome de> wrote:
Hi Krishnakant,
you do have this rc.d-directories. They look like this: rcx.d, where the
"x" is a figure between 0-6.
You must perform the update-rc.d command as root.
Does spd-say give any results?
If you get permanent startup errors, open
/etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher
with your favorit editor and change the line
user=...
to root.
Hermann

hi herman,
I am writing this email using orca with sd for espeak.
I still can't figure out the reason why sd is not starting up by
default at boot up.
how should I exactly update the rc defaults?\>