Re: [orca-list] some more issues with orca and speech-dispatcher.
- From: "krishnakant Mane" <researchbase gmail com>
- To: hermann <steppenwolf2 onlinehome de>
- Cc: orca-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [orca-list] some more issues with orca and speech-dispatcher.
- Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 01:41:48 +0530
I get the problem's source now.
the default module was flite and I have now changed it.
however I discover that sd does not start at system boot. it is
giving some permission errors about a /var/run/speach-dispatcher/pid
I did not get the point of rc.d because I don't have any such
directory in ubuntu.
I remember that this directory existed in fedora in /etc/rc.d but not here.
so please clearify.
On 17/05/07, hermann <steppenwolf2 onlinehome de> wrote:
1. Don't setup Orca's speech settings unless everything is installed and
2. Make sure SD is started when booting your machine:
update-rc.d speech-dispatcher defaults
3. Chekc very carefully the following files:
Espeak must be set as the default module.
You can test SD by typing:
spd-say "any text"
If everything is OK, then restart Orca and redo the settings.
Note: You should reread the mail exchange to this subject during the
last days, especially what Jan and Tomas have written.
] [Thread Prev