Re: [orca-list] progress of progress bars is not reported., is it a known thing?

I'll try to answer your questions in their context, see below:

Willie Walker wrote:
Flat review right now is mostly about moving around the text in a
window: movement by lines, words, and characters.  To date, we've viewed
it mostly as an 'escape' mode to handle ill-behaved applications.  That
is, well-behaved applications should be easily accessible without the
need for flat review.  We also understand flat review is useful for
other things, however, such as exploring the layout of a window.
The problem right now, is that the really illbehaved applications such
as Jokosher makes the current flat review mode almost useless since you
can't navigate to places where you want to go to for example import
files etc.

If the announcement of widget state were to be included in flat review,
I'd like to hear more about suggestions for the desired user experience.
For example:

1) Should there be commands to move to next/previous widget?  If so,
what should the keystroke be (Insert+Tab, Insert+Shift+Tab)?  What
should the braille input gestures be?  Does the user get different
behavior if a widget can or cannot accept keyboard focus?
I'm not entirely sure i understand the last part of your question, but
in the ideal world, you should be able to move the flat review to
controls that Orca normally don't recognize and somehow interact with
them. I.e, if on a slider, there should be a possibility to act upon the
slider and move it. I don't know how and if this works, but that's a
feature i would want to see.

2) What happens when you first enter/leave a widget when flat reviewing?
Should Orca present the entire status for the widget?  Do you get
different behavior if you entered/left while moving by
character/word/line?
I think Orca should report the entire state of the widget and the
behaviour shouldn't be different when entering/leaving by
character/word/line but i'm quite uncertain here.

/Krister