Re: [orca-list] progress of progress bars is not reported., is it a known thing?

Yes, i second that Lorenzo. Personally i think the NVDA approach to
status reporting is one of the best i've heard. Speech in such realtime
situations is never acurat, at least not as acurat as one would hope for.
/Krister

Lorenzo Taylor wrote:
My vote if I have one is for the reporting of the status of a progress
bar in flat review or by pressing a `status' key. As for realtime
notification, I too would like something similar to the NVDA progress
beeps. Sometimes it can sound like a very old video game, but it is
quite useful and eliminates much of the unwanted chatter that most
screen readers throw at their users.

Peace and long life,
Lorenzo