Re: [orca-list] progress of progress bars is not reported., is it a known thing?

Nvda beeps on a progressbar but
Think about two or three blind in one office and you can have
a nervous breakdown.

This is probably why the NVDA developers felt that the beeps should be
able to be turned on and off. So just my opinion, but this is where Orca
should copy NVDA. We should have a beeping progress par that can be
turned on and off. And something really cool for Orca and NVDA to do
would be to have a `progress' key that would speak the status of a
progress bar on demand if the beep is turned off. The only problem I can
see with the key approach is which progress bar to speak if there are
multiple progress bars or if speaking all of them how to differentiate
one from another.

Ahead warp 9,
Lorenzo

I've always found anomalies to be very relaxing. It's a curse.
--Jadzia Dax: Star Trek Deep Space Nine (The Assignment)