Re: [orca-list] Orca does not startup anymore

Hi,
On Mi, Jun 20, 2007 at 01:22:36 +0200, hermann wrote:
Hi Halim,
thanks, that does the job.
How many settings are stored in .gconf and .gnome, e.g. do I have to set up
all my configuration again, including mail accounts?

I am not sure which settings are stored there.
You need to make your audio settings again.
Mail can be a problem.
I am not using evolution because it is to slow and I dont want to wait 5
sec to open a dialog etc.

Can I restore my former Orca settings, or do I have to set up Orca from the
beginning?

In my case the orca settings were not the problem.
Currently I am using latest orca from svn (no errors).

Do you know why this happens?

I don't know perhaps a problem in gconfd-2
Don't forget to stop gconfd-2 if you want to restore some settings.

Regards
Halim