Re: [orca-list] Orca does not sartup anymore

Hi Joanie, thanks for the reminder.  My addled brain forgets things some
times.
This is sounding very much like a problem I had a while back where I
had completely hosed brltty. I thought I had reinstalled the original
brltty, but apparently I had not done so completely/correctly.  The net
result was that I could not launch Orca at all.  As I recall, what I
wound up doing was nuking my entire ~/.orca directory and initially
setting up Orca with just speech.  Then Mike helped me undo the horrid
mess I had made of brltty and all was back to normal.  What I cannot
remember is what the magic restoration steps were....
What happens is:  brltty installs its binary in a slightly different
place than ubuntu does by default.  Doing the following should solve the
problem assuming that brltty is successfully installed from trunk.
1.  go to a console
2.  sudo rm /sbin/brltty
3.  sudo ln /bin/brltty /sbin/brltty
4.  reboot
If all is well this should get you back up and running.
Mike