Re: [orca-list] Orca does not startup anymore

Hi Hermann,
On Mi, Jun 20, 2007 at 12:11:34 +0200, hermann wrote:
I could manage to proof, that brltty has nothing to do with all that:
I completely deactivated brltty, e.g. in text mode too, restarted Orca,
tried to change some settings, restarted Orca again, and found the same
result: Orca starts with the default settings. This confirms me in my
opinion, that there must be some Python components broken.

Try to create a test user
sudo useradd -m testuser
sudo passwd testuser
Login with testuser and try to use orca.
I had such a problem a few weeks ago and only deleting ~/.gconf* and
~/.gnome* helped me.
HTH.
Halim