Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher 0.6.2

Michael Whapples wrote:
I then used
the old ubuntu package init script for speech-dispatcher, but modified
it to use user root instead of user speech-dispatcher. I think that
solved it, I may have missed something though and don't know if this
might cause potential security issues.

Well, it's always better to avoid running daemons as root, but I'd say it's ok as a temporary hack. Luke seems to have the Ubuntu packages nearly ready, so please use them as soon as they are available.

Best regards, Tomas.