Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher 0.6.2

I have got speech-dispatcher 0.6.2 running on ubuntu, I did it by
compiling from source. I think I removed the ubuntu speech-dispatcher
0.6.1 package first (so if speech-dispatcher is installed in the default
prefix /usr/local then it won't cause possible problems). I then used
the old ubuntu package init script for speech-dispatcher, but modified
it to use user root instead of user speech-dispatcher. I think that
solved it, I may have missed something though and don't know if this
might cause potential security issues.

From
Michael Whapples