Re: Orca hangs when playing internet radio with Rhythmbox

hermann wrote:
I use a SB128PCI sound card that can handle two sound events at the same
time.
And in Rhythmbox I can listen to podcasts and stored audio files and
Orca still is there and is speaking.
It crashes only when I want to start an internet radio station. The
braille display also doesn't react anymore.

As another data point, I just tried this. Ubuntu Edgy with Orca from SVN trunk.
Rhythmbox 0.9.6 on an Acer Ferrari 3500 AMD laptop (sound card - VIA 8235).

I had no problems listening to the Virgin Classic Rock internet radio station. Orca was still response and talking as I continued to move around (radio station
playing in the background).

I took a full debug trace as I did all of this. There are no Python Tracebacks or
COMM_FAILURES. It all seems to work fine.

As others have pointed out, situations like this are very hardware specific.
Any chance you could test this again on other hardware? ...