Re: [orca-list] linux as a primary system

Hello,

Sorry. I should probably explain my self better.  I think my point yesterday didn't come across as I'd intended.

Yes.  Linux and specifically Gnome and the Orca screen reader will empower you to usemost distributions of your choice independantly, productively and  yes. even easily.
With Evolution, OpenOffice, pidgin and lodes of other applications, including Firefox you will enjoy the same access as in Windows.

The point I tried but so baddly made yesterday was that unfortunately at the moment, if you depend on a lot of web browsing, in my opinion, Windows is really your best option.
like others have said here. I use Windows less and less with each new enhancement to Orca and Firefox but unfortunately at the moment, there is just no way I can use linux as my only system because Orca and Firefox just cant handle websites as efficiently as Windows and the associated screen readers.

I'm lucky though. I've enough resources available at work to let me use Ubuntu as my primary system. OpenSuSE for work related testing and windows xp with the pesky jaws for researching and logging.  Mainly because the logging application is very complicated as it has a lot of clicable areas and drop down menus.

Darragh