Re: [orca-list] Inaccessable admin dialog

Hi.
On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 11:23:52AM -0500, Scott Haeger wrote:
Hermann wrote:
I think you need an additional file named .orbitrc placed in your root home
directory.
BTW.: When I start gdmsetup from the Gnome terminal, I get a lot of
script messages before the app starts, and after start, it freezes on
the "general" tab. I have to move several times between the opened
windows by pressing Alt+Tab, before the screen gets refreshed, so that I
can adjust the settings.
Note: This happens only in gdmsetup, all other services that need root
privileges work fine.
Hermann

Hermann,

gedit is not accessible when run as root. Will this also be covered by
.orbitrc?

Scott

Once you have the .orbitrc file in /root, gedit is accessible if you start it like

sudo gedit filename

On my Debian box, I don't use sudo, so I start gedit to edit admin files like:

su -c 'gedit filename'

You run the above commands as your normal user in a gnome-terminal.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny