Re: [orca-list] Inaccessable admin dialog

Hermann wrote:
Hello Scott,
I can use gedit as root.
Open the Gnome-terminal and type:
sudo gedit
Orca behaves in the same way as if gedit was invoked as user.
What has gedit to do with gdmsetup?
Hermann

On my system (fully updated Ubuntu Gutsy), gedit does not appear in the accessible hierarchy when run as root. As expected, Orca will output key echoes but will not read the menu structures. This is because Orca registers for key stroke events but does not have a view of the accessible hierarchy if an application has not registered. I use gedit as a test application because I am sure it is accessible. It has no direct relationship with gdmsetup.
Scott