Re: orca-setup, AttributeError

"WW" == Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM> writes:

    >> Yes but my problem with gnome now is probably in some bug I do
    >> not where in gnome, atspi?.... As I wrote ing gnome accessibility
    >> mailing list after accessibility feature settings don't work
    >> keyboard navigation and sometime gnome not start. Maybe I have
    >> wait for newest version of gnome session or something other.

    WW> Are you using GNOME 2.14? If not, I'd recommend upgrading to it
    WW> since it will put us all on the same footing.
No, 2.12 because it is the latest version in Debian amd64.

    WW> If you are using GNOME 2.14, then I'm wondering if maybe some
    WW> stale processes are hanging around. I'd look for any bonobo
    WW> processes still hanging about, including anything that looks
    WW> like a *-synthesis- driver.
I can of course install form cvs but it is not easy. I am not sure which
components are significant. gnome session? gnome desktop?

    WW> WRT to keyboard navigation not working, do you know if the
    WW> desktop is completely hung or not, or can you still type in text
    WW> areas and get around via the mouse?

I don't  understand very well now. My X with gnome session start and
metacity too but some applications the firefox for example finish with
segfault. If I switch the accessibility off then firefox works OK.

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008