Re: [gnome-love] Compiling 2.15.4

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 07:58:00 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
On 7/29/06, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini <efgiovanini gmail com> wrote:
Em Sáb, 2006-07-29 às 00:21 +0100, Magnus Therning escreveu:
After that I got as far as dbus. Despite having the required patch I got
stuck with an error along the lines of

 ${prefix}/var/run/system_bus_socket - file doesn't exist

Any pointers?

See http://www.j5live.com/?p=237. I had to download
dbus-bus-introspect.xml even after applying the patch.

All the patch does is create the version of dbus-bus-introspect.xml
obtained from j5's link, so that really doesn't make much sense to me.
Did the patch fail to apply somehow?

Yes, seems it does. I ran into the same problem once again. After a
failed build the file tools/dbus-bus-introspect.xml didn't exist. What
did exist was an empty file called in tools/dbus-bus-introspect.xml.tmp.

Applying the patch manually, and skipping the patch stage of jhbuild for
dbus-glib worked fine.

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of
enthusiastic about.
     -- Albert Einstein