Re: Network Manager patched on Ubuntu Karmic 9.10

My big issue in Karmic is that I can't join "hidden" networks - even if I know the SSID and the passphrase.  This seems to be a regression from the earlier versions of Ubuntu.

I have seen reports of it on Launchpad, but so far the importance of the issue is "undetermined".  I think it is fairly critical myself, but I don't get to vote. :-)

Trey Nolen

I have another one for Karmic, and I can do that as well. I've noticed
that there does not seem to be any way to get it to pay any attention to
an Ad-Hoc network. When I'm in range, the network appears in the
knetworkmanager applet, but if I click on it, nothing happens (much the
same as a hidden network did in a case we'd discussed in the past). I'm
not sure what the debug info would say, but it should be interesting to
find out. It looks like absolutely nothing happens at all.

- --