Re: Bug 504822 - Use Tango Icons for Nm-applet

Hi Darren

On Jan 12, 2008 5:55 PM, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:

> Baptiste, I will let Dan verify this but I am pretty sure that NM will
> inherit the icon theme and those are only if the icon theme does not
> specify replacements for the Stock Icons.   I tested this on my Ubuntu
> 7.10 system running NM 0.7 and this was how it behaved.

I'd be insterested to see which icons you're talking about.
The icons I attached in the bug are specific to nm-applet, thus they
are not provided by gnome-icon-theme, these icons are for the
animations (Detect & VPN) or specific needs;

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04, and I don't see the icons I attached. The only
I found to see them is overwriting them in the package.

> I personally like the Tango icons but if I am correct and NM will use
> a themes icon if they are available then wouldn't the proper place for
> these icons be in the Tango Icon theme?
>
> Thanks!

This is not Tango (The title of my mail is misleading) but this the
GNOME icons redraw with the Tango guideline; the art team redraw the
whole GNOME icon set with these guidelines for the release 2.20.

Regards
--
Baptiste Mille-Mathias
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés