Re: intel pro wireless 3945ABG + Feisty Ubuntu + F7t4

Dan,

FYI, for kicks I decided to install and try the ipw3945 drivers
on my F7t4 system.  I installed ipw3945 packages from DAG with
a few changes:

  * I installed version 1.7.22 of the ipw3945 daemon (no change)
  * I updated the firmware from version 1.13 to 1.14.2
  * I added the ipw3845-oops-4 patch from the 1.2.1 test release to
    the 1.2.0 dkms package from DAG.

With this combination my "eth1" interface is working quite
nicely.  It connected right away to my 802.11(a) network
using WEP and it seems pretty durn stable (once I figured out
how to stop the iwlwifi driver from loading).  I'll continue
to play with it to see for sure, but at this point I'm
pretty happy with it.

Got any suggestions for a good long-term network test?

If this continues I might decide to take the new machine with
me and I'll see how well it works on a non-broadcast SSID with
non-encrypted network.  We'll see.  I still have a lot more
configuration to do before I can migrate my desktop to the new
machine.  Don't know if I'll have the time to do all that in the
next 26 hours.

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available