Re: intel pro wireless 3945ABG + Feisty Ubuntu + F7t4

Derek Atkins wrote:
Dan,

Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:

Is this with iwlwifi or the older 3945 ieee80211-based drivers?

Dan

I just installed F7t4 on my new T60 and I'm seeing this problem,
too.  Using the iwlwifi and NM packages from an updated F7t4
system I cannot connect to my home (WEP-protected) 802.11 b/g
or 802.11a networks.  It just wont associate.

I haven't tried connecting directly from the ifconfig scripts
to see if that works or not.

In my dmesg log I see tons of:

  iwlwifi: TODO: Look into long/short preamble change handling.

I also see:

  wmaster0: Does not support passive scan, disabled

I haven't tried open networks or WPA (although I suppose I can open up
one of my networks to test it).

Any suggestions of things to do or test?

If you are using fedora 7 please try with a kernel from here (will be in rawhide soon):
http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/fc7/RPMS.kernel/