Re: NM does not work with iwl4965 device

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 04:32:21PM -0200, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> John W. Linville wrote:

> > I have been testing the patch below with some success using the
> > wireless-tools package.  However, NM still seems unable to get an
> > association, at least not on the first try.  Sometimes/often the 2nd
> > or 3rd try works, whereas w/o the patch it basically never succeeds
> > without some sort of command-line intervention.

> If there's indeed a problem with the kernel, it would clearly be better
> to fix the problem than trying to work around it. That said - the NM
> patch works around the problem for me. :)

As I was trying to say, the patch I posted seems to fix the problem
with the kernel (as evidenced through use of wireless-tools).  Yet,
NM still seemed to trip over it.  I was trying to give you a heads-up
that the patch (or something equivalent) was coming to the kernel so
you could test your NM patches appropriately...

John
--
John W. Linville
linville tuxdriver com