Re: NM does not work with iwl4965 device

On 8/5/07, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:

> I have seen others post the same issues and they generally have
> various levels of success by using wpa_supplicant with ap_scan=2 or 1.
>   I forgot which one NM uses but you may have need to use the other to
> connect to a hidden AP however changing that in NM and rebuilding the
> package is probably too much of a hassle for the very little (if any)
> benefit that not broadcasting your SSID gives you.

I'm having the same issue, but since I don't controll the AP
configuration, and since "Windows users don't seem to be having any
problems" .... well you know the rest of that line!

So, I'd like to try change the ap_scan parameter, but I cannot find my wpa
_supplicant.conf file. It is not in /etc or in /etc/NetworkManager.

Where can I find it, what can I do?

Peter

--
Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried
to make it precise.

Bertrand Russell

www.the-brights.net