Re: NM starts wpa_supplicant -dd although wpa_supplicant is already started??

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 11:35 +0200, Ma Begaj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't see any IE bits, but this is the configuration which I use to
> connect and it is correct:

If you don't see any IE bits, then of course wpa_supplicant can't
connect to the access point!  There may one or both of two issues:

1) Your ipw2200 drivers are too old to put the WPA IE into the scan
results.  Could you show the output of dmesg for 'ipw2200' and
'ieee80211' ?  It should be something like this:

ipw2200: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200/2915 Network Driver, 1.1.2kmprq
ipw2200: Copyright(c) 2003-2006 Intel Corporation
ipw2200: Detected Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
ipw2200: Detected geography ZZM (11 802.11bg channels, 0 802.11a channels)

ieee80211_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
ieee80211: 802.11 data/management/control stack, git-1.1.13
ieee80211: Copyright (C) 2004-2005 Intel Corporation <jketreno linux intel com>

2) The access point is not broadcasting the Information Element.  The AP
_MUST_ be broadcasting the Information Element, otherwise it's not a WPA
access point and you cannot use WPA with it, no matter what OS you're
using.  It _may_ be the case that you have multiple access points, using
the same SSID, that use different options, and the scan you performed
did not pick up all the access points in your SSID.  Try doing a couple
scans in various locations to see whether you can pick up other access
points with the same SSID, and a WPA or RSN IE.

Dan