Re: NM starts wpa_supplicant -dd although wpa_supplicant is already started??

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 16:33 +0200, Ma Begaj wrote:
> Hi and thanks for help.
>
> I am playing with NetworkManager all day long and google already found
> your page.
> There are 2 attachments in this email:
>
> 1. nm.log was created when I clicked on "Connect to Other Wireless
> Network". I choosed WPA2 Enterprise, entered my identity and password
> and click to connect.
>
> 2. nm1.log was created when I just clicked on my access point without
> trying to configure anything.
>
> No succes in any of these tries. Hopefully, you can find something usefull.

Your access point does not appear to be broadcasting its WPA or RSN
Information Element, meaning that the access point is not using WPA.

wpa_supplicant(8535): 0: 00:15:2b:34:51:c1 ssid='Datentankstelle802.1X' wpa_ie_len=0 rsn_ie_len=0 caps=0x11
wpa_supplicant(8535):    skip - no WPA/RSN IE

Can you provide the output of 'iwlist eth0 scan' that describes the
"Datentankstelle802.1X" access point?

You should get something like this:

          Cell 04 - Address: 00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
                    ESSID:"foobar"
                    Protocol:IEEE 802.11bg
                    Mode:Master
                    Channel:1
                    Encryption key:on
                    Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 9 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s
                              6 Mb/s; 12 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s; 24 Mb/s; 36 Mb/s
                              48 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s
                    Quality=82/100  Signal level=-48 dBm
                    IE: WPA Version 1
                        Group Cipher : TKIP
                        Pairwise Ciphers (2) : TKIP CCMP
                        Authentication Suites (1) : PSK
                    IE: IEEE 802.11i/WPA2 Version 1
                        Group Cipher : TKIP
                        Pairwise Ciphers (2) : TKIP CCMP
                        Authentication Suites (1) : PSK
                       Preauthentication Supported
                    Extra: Last beacon: 220ms ago

If you don't see bits for "IE:", the access point is not using WPA.

Dan