Re: Activation Too Long?

Hi Ryan,

I am also seeing the same thing, with my BCM4306 card and ndiswrapper, on
a Gentoo box (without SELinux).
The example here is trying to connect to an open network 'magpie'.

I'm not even sure it should work with ndiswrapper (someone please confirm).
Though it does appear that all the wpa_supplicant calls suceed.
I'm going to try the bcm4xxx open source drivers too shortly.

tOnY

~snip~
NetworkManager: <information>   Device wlan0 activation scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Deactivating device eth0.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (wlan0) started...
NetworkManager: <information> Activation (wlan0) Stage 1 (Device Prepare) scheduled... NetworkManager: <information> Activation (wlan0) Stage 1 (Device Prepare) started... NetworkManager: <information> Activation (wlan0) Stage 2 (Device Configure) scheduled... NetworkManager: <information> Activation (wlan0) Stage 1 (Device Prepare) complete. NetworkManager: <information> Activation (wlan0) Stage 2 (Device Configure) starting... NetworkManager: <information> Activation (wlan0/wireless): access point 'magpie' is unencrypted, no key needed. NetworkManager: <information> SUP: sending command 'INTERFACE_ADD wlan0 wext /var/run/wpa_supplicant '
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was 'OK'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: sending command 'AP_SCAN 1'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was 'OK'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: sending command 'ADD_NETWORK'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was '0'
NetworkManager: <information> SUP: sending command 'SET_NETWORK 0 ssid 6d6167706965©'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was 'OK'
NetworkManager: <information> SUP: sending command 'SET_NETWORK 0 key_mgmt NONE'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was 'OK'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: sending command 'ENABLE_NETWORK 0'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was 'OK'
NetworkManager: <information> Activation (wlan0) Stage 2 (Device Configure) complete.
Trying to associate with 00:12:43:4d:ea:c0 (SSID='magpie' freq=2417 MHz)
Authentication with 00:00:00:00:00:00 timed out.
Trying to associate with 00:12:43:4d:ea:c0 (SSID='magpie' freq=2417 MHz)
NetworkManager: <information> Activation (wlan0/wireless): association took too long (>20s), failing activation.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (wlan0) failure scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information> Activation (wlan0) failed for access point (magpie)
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (wlan0) failed.
NetworkManager: <information>   Deactivating device wlan0.
CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 15 received
sendmsg(CTRL_IFACE monitor): No such file or directory
NetworkManager: <information> SWITCH: no current connection, found better connection 'eth0'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Will activate connection 'eth0'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Device eth0 activation scheduled...
~snip~

Ryan Skadberg wrote:

Still having these DBus issues.  Any more ideas?  Anything more I can
do to debug?

Skadz