Re: A problem compiling NetworkManager.

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 16:12 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 12:39 -0500, Steev Klimaszewski wrote:
> >
> > Dan Williams wrote:

> > > Are you still getting the same error about automake macros?
> > >
> > > Note that if you don't have dbus >= 0.90 you'll have to:
> > >
> > > s/dbus_connection_close/dbus_connection_disconnect/
> > >
> > > Dan
> > >

> > Actually, pretty sure dbus_connection_close was added in dbus .34... Was
> > some discussion about that last night because of needing to patch a few
> > things to work with dbus .91 on Gentoo.
> I am not sure what the above means where do you use:
> s/dbus_connection_close/dbus_connection_disconnect/

Ah, sorry.  That means, wherever you see dbus_connection_close in the
latest HEAD sources, you should change it to dbus_connection_disconnect.
That change was made with dbus 0.90 I think, so you have to revert it if
you're using dbus 0.6x.  In actuality, you only need to do this in
gnome/libnm_glib/libnm_glib.c.

> The dbus error is the one that is holding me up right now. Is it a
> matter that this compileing only works on Gentoo. Others reporting that
> htey suceeded in the compiling using the same method. So I am mystified.

Can you re-paste the error you're getting into a reply so I can see it
again?

Thanks,