NM with WUSB54GS + Ubuntu - Sees Networks, but won't connect

I posted this wrong, so I'm sending it again. (For some reason I sent it to myself.)

I am desperate for an answer. If you guys need ANY information please let me know! I am willing to > collect it as fast as I can!!!
Let me rephrase the problem from past posts:
Network-Manager, compiled from latest version or from any debain repository, will not connect to anetwork. It sees networks, it knows what type of encryption they have, what the signal strength is, > etc, but it just won't work. It will only work if I "enable" or run ifup after telling NM to attempt to connect. NM will pretend like it is doing all the work, but it is really me with ifup. After starting NM, I have to go into the config, and uncomment the "wireless-essid network" entry after so that ifup will connect to the right one in the paragraph above.. ugh. Strange? I think so. The network will work if I manually configure it, it's just NM won't work. The /var/log/syslog output is here (trimmed from the time I told NM to start connecting):
http://expandapps.org/pages/pastebin.php
I have an Ubuntu Dapper (6.06) distro with ndiswrapper drivers installed for the WUSB45GS v1 device. Again, I _need_ help! I'm not getting any answers anywhere else, so if you guys leave me in thedark, I'm a gonner. I don't have a single idea left about what to do.

--
From,
Jacob