A problem compiling NetworkManager.

I am probably doing something really stupid but I have to ask. I am
trying to compile NetworkManager from the CVS repository using
instructions found  on :
http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager/developers/

The first thing is compile gnome-common using the following
instructions:

 cvs -d :server:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome login
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome co gnome-common
cd gnome-common
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
cd macros2
make
 make install

Now we get to compiling and installing NetworkManager. THe isntructions
were :
  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome login
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome co NetworkManager
cd NetworkManager
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
make
 make install

Here during the autogen.sh step I get these errors:
Checking for required M4 macros...
  libtool.m4 not found
  glib-gettext.m4 not found
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
***Error***: some autoconf macros required to build NetworkManager
  were not found in your aclocal path, or some forbidden
  macros were found.  Perhaps you need to adjust your
  ACLOCAL_FLAGS?

What is the correct proceedure to fix these errors and procede? I
appologize if the problem has been well discussed before and I missed
it.

YOU!! Give me the CUTEST, PINKEST, most charming little VICTORIAN
DOLLHOUSE you can find!! An make it SNAPPY!!