Re: NetworkManager vs. AR5212 802.11abg Wireless NIC

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 23:08 -0500, Lance A. Brown wrote:
> Hmm.  Something NM is doing is certainly punting my NIC into mode 1.
> Normal "operation" with ifup/ifdown has ath0 in mode 3.  When I 'ifdown
> ath0' and then start NetworkManager, a couple seconds later, ath0
> switches to mode 1.  Maybe there is a bug in the madwifi driver.  I'll
> check on their mailing list.

Lance,

What kind of card do you have?  I mean exactly what brand, model, and
version #.  The only ATheros card I have is a Netgear WG511T, and I
haven't experienced this.  Also, do you actually have any "a" access
points in your area, or is the card getting stuck there even though no
access points are in that frequency range?