Re: NetworkManager vs. AR5212 802.11abg Wireless NIC

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Lance A. Brown wrote:
> I did some more digging tonite and think I found out how I'm getting
> stuck in 802.11a mode.  The madwifi driver supports the following values
> for the 'mode' parameter:
>
> iwpriv ath0 mode 1              lock operation to 11a only
> iwpriv ath0 mode 2              lock operation to 11b only
> iwpriv ath0 mode 3              lock operation to 11g only
> iwpriv ath0 mode 0              autoselect from 11a/b/g (default)

The "iwpriv xxx mode xxx" is different than "iwconfig xxx mode".
Confusing, no?  I don't think NM calls anything that madwifi exposes via
iwpriv, which is for private ioctls and stuff that the kernel does not
explicitly expose.  So I don't think this is the problem...