Re: [patch] confirm before sending to trash

The only scenario where control+delete would maybe make things safer
anyways is the "cat walks over the keyboard while I'm in the bathroom"
scenario.

Not quite true. People did and still do lose files by accidentally hitting the delete key, which is why this issue has a long history of requests by the users on the first place (and why all other file managers but nautilus have a failsafe mechanism before sending items to the trash).

Also, I am ready to bet a beer that it shall not take longer than a couple of days for you to get used to the new key combination. Give your brain plasticity some credit.