Re: [patch] confirm before sending to trash

Le mardi 15 mars 2011 à 15:23 +0000, giorgio a écrit :
> There is a missing feature of nautilus that a lot of people would love
> to see implemented: a confirmation dialog before sending items to the
> trashbin. The reason behind this is that it's very easy to hit the
> delete key just by chance without even realizing. When files end up in
> the trash bin without you noticing they are basically gone forever.

This is a real problem, but I don’t think the solution is a windows-like
alert dialog.

Half of this problem is solved by the undo feature which is under
development. The other half consists in making file deletion more
noticeable. An animation with the file becoming red and/or flying to the
trash would be a nice addition.

--
 .''`.
: :' :     “You would need to ask a lawyer if you don't know