Re: Nautilus View / Listeners compared with Windows Namespace extension questions

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 13:42, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> The UI for a file manager will always be there, and any additional
> extension of the UI still has to live inside this world (sharing
> concepts, menus, key shortcuts etc). Having a photo managing studio
> inside nautilus is never gonna be as efficient and easy to use as a real
> standalone app focusing on that. Doing it all in Nautilus just gives you
> an over-complicated filemanager and an inefficient user interface and
> implementation for the photo manager.

You are of course correct. I was just thinking that we want to make as
much extendable as makes sense - however drawing the line between crack
and sense it the difficult part.

I believe that some interesting things could be done with extendable
icons, but the price may be to high.

We don't want to end up with something like gnome 1.x with regards to
configurability hell.