Re: Nautilus View / Listeners compared with Windows Namespace extension questions

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 12:43, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Nautilus uses the freedesktop.org thumbnail standard, which means normal
> thumbnails have a size of 128x128 (which is then downscaled to the used
> size). I'm not sure larger thumbnails make much sense, but the standard
> does allow you to use 256x256 thumbnails in the "large" directory.

That was why I thought that an extension might be relevant. 256x256
probably isn't enough if yuo want to be able to use a digital camera
view to perform operations (rotations, color balancing, etc.) directly
from the nautilus view. It should be a scaling of the image, probably
only saved as a thumbnail until th next time the icon is resized.

I may, however, be on crack :-)