Re: [Nautilus-list] remembering different properties in different directories?

Thomas Cataldo <thomas cataldo laposte net> writes:
> Well, think of the splashscreen case. It's pretty disturbing to see the
> splash of an application appear in the corner of your screen.

Yes. That's why we need a SPLASHSCREEN semantic type.

> Sometimes the application has more information than the window manager
> on the "good" position. I'm saying that with ms office in mind,
> automatically moving its popup so that the text you're typing is never
> hidden by an help popup, or a floating toolbar.

Metacity lets both of those semantic types be moved/resized by the
app.

Note that Metacity is a prototype sort of thing; if you were going to
deploy it today, you'd have to make some concessions to broken apps,
but because it is my window manager that does whatever I like, I don't
have to do that. ;-)

Havoc