Re: [Nautilus-list] remembering different properties in different directories?

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 18:08, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Thomas Cataldo <thomas cataldo laposte net> writes:
> > Well, think of the splashscreen case. It's pretty disturbing to see the
> > splash of an application appear in the corner of your screen.
>
> Yes. That's why we need a SPLASHSCREEN semantic type.

I must say that I like the idea of defining semantic types, rather than
just letting apps do whatever.  If it can be worked out such that the
use cases that Maciej presented (media players, panels, etc) can be
handled cleanly, then it strikes me that that would be the way to go.

Just as long as it doesn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. ;-)

	--Ryan