[Nautilus-list] remembering different properties in different directories?

One thing that I was thinking would be pretty cool, and possibly easy
enough for me to try my hand at implementing, was letting nautilus
remember different window attributes for different directories.

For example, if I click on my home dir, I'd like the default nautilus
size window, with icons and the sidebar.  But, I'd like to click on my
music directory, and get a tall window with no sidebar or location bar.

Basically, I'd like to be able to have Nautilus remember the following
things *per directory*:
- window geometry
- window position
- Hide/show sidebar (and perhaps what tab is up)
- hide/show toolbar
- hide/show location bar
- hide/show status bar
- View (Of course, nautilus already does this)

One issue that I can see is that users may be weirded out if their
window keeps jumping around and changing as they click on different
folders.  But this is only relevant in the case that clicking a folder
doesn't open a new window.  A possible workaround (that I don't really
like) is to only have this work with desktop icons.  Another is only
make this option available when you're in the "open folders in new
window" mode.

So, here are my questions for the list:
1. Is this a desireable/useful feature (that would be accepted)?
2. Is this something that could be done relatively easily?
3. Does the geometry/position stuff have to coordinate with sawfish
somehow?
4. What files are relevant to this work?

Any input would be appreciated

	--Ryan