Re: [Nautilus-list] remembering different properties in different directories?

On Wed, 2001-10-17 at 01:08, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Thomas Cataldo <thomas cataldo laposte net> writes:
> > Well, think of the splashscreen case. It's pretty disturbing to see the
> > splash of an application appear in the corner of your screen.
>
> Yes. That's why we need a SPLASHSCREEN semantic type.

What i had in mind was a window manager that always follows my placement
directives on top level windows (without specifying SPLASHSCREEN window
type). If don't use the setPosition method of the toolkit, the wm
placement code should do its job, i.e. TopLevelWindow::setPosition(x,y)
should call
TopLevelWindow::setWindowManagerClass(WMWindowsType::SPLASHSCREEN)