Re: [Nautilus-list] remembering different properties in different directories?

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 20:56, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Ryan Muldoon <rpmuldoon students wisc edu> writes:
> > 3. Does the geometry/position stuff have to coordinate with sawfish
> > somehow?
>
> IMO it is correct for window managers to ignore application attempts
> to set position in the general case, and also ignore attempts to
> resize after mapping the window (though most WM's don't currently do
> so).

Well, think of the splashscreen case. It's pretty disturbing to see the
splash of an application appear in the corner of your screen.

I think the wm should apply its placing policy unless explicitly stated
by the application.

Sometimes the application has more information than the window manager
on the "good" position. I'm saying that with ms office in mind,
automatically moving its popup so that the text you're typing is never
hidden by an help popup, or a floating toolbar.