Re: [Nautilus-list] The screenshots made me think....

On 31 Jan 2001 01:35:03 -0800, Seth Nickell wrote:
> I once again challenge you to tell me what the hell "looks like GNOME"
> means.

I dont want a flame war, I dont thing those kind of debates leed any
where.... so dont interpret my mails as flames, they are not ment to be
that. With this said I'll go and answer your question.

With a gnome look I mean things like using gnome stockbuttons by
default, using system fonts by default and such things. A app that lets
gnome handle all that kind of stuff automaticly gets a gnome look.

And I dont want to be rude to any employers at eazel, I think they have
been doing a great job so far. But I still think it's important not to
trade a default gnome look just go get this single app looking better,
because I must say that it's looking good. I just want to point out that
it might be an idea to improve the gnome stockbuttons so that those
might be better looking and then use them by default. I guess the font
matter might solve itself when gtk 2.0 comes with support for
antialiasing, I asume that this is the reason to use a alternative font.

//Snaggen

Mattias Eriksson             E-mail: c96men cs umu se
Tvistevägen 26                       snaggen acc umu se
907 36  UMEA                 Tel:    090-198800
SWEDEN                               070-5636769

'I don't fight for a cause   Hemsida: http://www.acc.umu.se/~snaggen
I fight for the fight'       PGP: http://www.acc.umu.se/~snaggen/snaggen.asc