Re: [Nautilus-list] The screenshots made me think....

Mattias Eriksson wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have just looked at some the new screenshots of nautilus, I havent
> had time to try it out since there are no debian packages available (I
> dont like comiling that much...). The first impression is that it's very
> good looking, my second thought was how well integrated it is?
>
> The icons in the toolbar seems to be controled by some internal theme,
> isn't it better to use gnome default stock items? And if they are too
> ugly,  replace them? Or make them controled by a central gnome theme.
> Nautilus is going to be a central gnome application, so it is VERY
> important that it is a gnome application and not have it's own look and
> feel.

One of the Nautilus "internal" themes is GNOME, but its not the default.

> There have been some complaints about Nautilus not using system fonts,
> have those things been corrected? Or more general, does Nautilus use the
> system fonts all over?

We fixed the most important ones in pr3.  You can make nautilus respect
your gtk theme font (the one you select using the control center) by
toggling the "smooth graphics."

> And last and most general, how much effort is put in making Nautilus
> work as a gnome application, using the gnome look and feel? The reason I
> ask is that there are quite a lot of voices around me saying that
> Nautilus not got the characteristics of a gnome app. I also read a
> review made by a former efm developer that was quite negative, but his
> major things was about bad gnome integration.
>
> //Snaggen, still not given up on Nautilus...
>
> --
>
> Mattias Eriksson             E-mail: c96men cs umu se

If you find a specific instance where Nautilus violates fonts, colors or
other sacres attrbiutes, please file bugs and we'll do our best to fix
them.

-re