Re: [Nautilus-list] The screenshots made me think....

> So the application that's going to be one of the most central gnome apps
> doesn't look like gnome by defautl?!?!? Don't do this please... if you
> think the default gnome settings it to ugly or something, try to replace
> them instead.

I once again challenge you to tell me what the hell "looks like GNOME"
means. If you mean, looks like GMC, then no. But those were arbitrary
decisions to start with. To my knowledge we break no conventions, visual
or otherwise, that a majority of GNOME programs follow. Until there is a
style guide, the idea of a gnome look is incredibly nebulous anyway.
Sometimes you can't use a 100% generic interface too. Does the GNOME
panel look like GNOME? Not really. It defines all sorts of its own
conventions. It would suck to try and make everything look exactly
alike, you just need to stay within certain bounds. A style guide will
more clearly define what those bounds are (which Arlo at Eazel will be
working on, I believe)

-Seth