Re: [Muine] NEW PRELEASE: 0.8.1pre1

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:20:18 +0100, Jorn Baayen <jbaayen gnome org> wrote:

- Only list complete albums in album list. An album is complete
  if the number of tracks equals the "total number of tracks" tag.
  (We are "mild"- 3 more or less will be fine too)

Let me start by summarizing.. looking at the tools in my Linux distribution I see nowhere that I can specify the "total number of tracks"-tag. More specifically, I often use Grip to automate the ripping and encoding process, however, the program is not capable of writing this tag. Also the command-line tool oggenc does not have an option for specifying this tag.

Now, if this is common practice for most Linux users (and I bet it is) would it then be wise to enforce such a policy: "Use the easytag tool on your music collection or go play with GConf keys to make Muine work for you!" ??

Seen with the eyes of a typical user I propose another solution: What about keeping old practice and instead make it possible for the user in the UI to easily remove incomplete albums from the album list? Or is there some extraordinary reason for not including this functionality?